Territory-wide Health Services Advisory Group
The Territory-wide Health Services Advisory Group (the Advisory Group) is an important forum for health stakeholders, community organisations and consumers to come together and provide advice on the Framework, to build the vision for safe, effective, person centered health services here in the territory – health services that put the patients, their families and carers at the centre of everything we do.
Following an expression of interest process, the membership of the Advisory Group was announced by the Minister for Health and Wellbeing, Megan Fitzharris MLA, on 11 December 2017.
The Advisory Group comprises eleven members from a broad range of health and community organisations across the territory. The group will meet regularly over the next 12 to 18 months.
The members of the Territory-wide Health Services Advisory Group are:
- Associate Professor Nicolas Cherbuin, ANU Research School of Population Health
- Lisa Kelly, CEO of Carers ACT
- Simon Viereck, Executive Officer of Mental Health Community Coalition ACT
- Gaylene Coulton, CEO of Capital Health Network
- Darlene Cox, Executive Director of Health Care Consumers Association
- Scott Clouder, LGBTIQ Ministerial Advisory Council
- Donna Murray, CEO of Indigenous Allied Health Australia
- Professor Gabrielle Cooper, University of Canberra
- Dr Rashmi Sharma, General Practitioner
- Sandra Turner, CEO of Cancer Council ACT
- Dougie Herd, Chair ACT Disability Reference Group
The following senior ACT Health positions are included as members of the Advisory Group to provide additional clinical expertise:
- Chief Medical Officer
- Chief Nursing and Midwifery Officer
- Chief Allied Health Officer