The Community Care Program – Nursing provides:
- Wound management. Specialist wound care is available for acute and chronic wounds. A nurse consultant and nurse practitioner are also available for complex or non-healing wounds.
- Continence management including catheter management and pre prostatectomy advice
- Drain management – including surgical, breast and abdominal drains
- Post chemotherapy symptom management
- Stoma management
- racheostomy and gastrostomy tube management
- Palliative Care
- Self Management of Chronic Conditions courses
Who can use this service?
ACT residents. The Community Health Intake team can advise of any eligibility criteria at the time of booking.
Generally this service is free to Medicare and Asylum Seeker card holders. The Community Health Intake team can advise on any costs at the time of booking.
Our services are available at various Community Health Centres across the ACT. The Community Health Intake team will offer you the earliest available appointment, noting that this may not necessarily be at the Community Health Centre closest to you.
- Belconnen Community Health Centre
- City Community Health Centre
- Dickson Community Health Centre
- Gungahlin Community Health Centre
- Phillip Community Health Centre
- Tuggeranong Community Health Centre
Make an appointment
Call the Community Health Intake (CHI) team on (02) 6207 9977 between 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 3:30pm Wednesdays (excluding public holidays).
When you call to book an appointment, a CHI representative will register your details and ask specific questions about your health care needs. You may be transferred to one of our nurses for further assessment in order to determine your eligibility and arrange the most appropriate service for your needs.
What to bring to your appointment
Any medical instructions provided to you, for example specific dressings to be used for wounds.