Include a broad range of programs for different age groups and health conditions:
- Adult Healthy Weight Sessions – including an initial one off introductory group and further sessions on how to manage weight or heart health.
- Community Care Adult Nutrition Service – for adults 25 and over. Offers assessment and advice in relation to medical conditions such as: Minor gastro intestinal conditions; malnutrition; chronic diseases; Home Enteral Nutrition (tube feeding); wound healing; general healthy eating; overweight or obesity (Adult Healthy Weight Service); and cardiovascular disease.
- Adult Renal Nutrition Service - for those diagnosed with Stage 4 and 5 Kidney disease, who are aged 18 years and over. Nutrition and practical advice to: Follow a healthy diet for kidney disease; prevent complications such as anaemia, poor oral intake, nausea and unintentional weight loss; help manage other conditions such as cardiovascular disease and diabetes; manage fluid restrictions; and reduce dietary salt.
- Women, Youth and Children Nutrition Service - Nutrition assessment, counselling and advice for infants, children and young people (under 25 years) and pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Diabetes Service and Endocrinology Service – Treatment and education for people (and their carers) with diabetes and endocrine disorders.
- Obesity Management Service – For adults with a BMI of 40 or above. A referral from your doctor is required to use this service.
- School Kids Intervention Program - caters to children aged 4 to 12 years who are overweight or obese.
Most services are free to Medicare and Asylum Seeker card holders. The Community Health Intake team will advise of any costs at the time of booking.
Our services are available at various Community Health Centres across the ACT. The Community Health Intake team will offer you the earliest available appointment, noting that this may not necessarily be at the Community Health Centre closest to you.
- Belconnen Community Health Centre
- City Community Health Centre
- Gungahlin Community Health Centre
- Phillip Community Health Centre
- Tuggeranong Community Health Centre
Make an appointment
Anyone can refer people to our services. However, the Obesity Management Service requires referral from your doctor.
Call the Community Health Intake (CHI) team on (02) 6207 9977 between 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 3:30pm Wednesdays (excluding public holidays).
For Obesity Management Service, send referral to OMS@act.gov.au or electronically to the ACT Health Clinical Portal.