Community Care Social Workers offer the following services for adults:
- Psychosocial support for the adjustment to or management of a significant health condition, adjustment following discharge from hospital
- Community support that may assist in the prevention of social admissions into hospital
- Support to enhance an aged person’s self care in the community and support for their spouse/carers
- Grief and loss support with respect to changing health status, health related bereavement and death of a spouse in the elderly
- Reactive depression due to a health condition and as referred by the patient’s doctor
Who can use this service?
- Adults who need support to adjust to changes in their health conditions, treatments and recovery.
- Partners, family members, carers and meaningful others who are affected by the illness of someone.
Clients are not eligible if they:
- have a compensable claim
- are actively receiving similar services from other agencies
- have clinical depression and/or are receiving Mental Health Services.
This service is free to Medicare and Asylum Seeker card holders. The Community Health Intake team will advise of any costs upon booking.
Our services are available at various Community Health Centres across the ACT. The Community Health Intake team will offer you the earliest available appointment, noting that this may not necessarily be at the Community Health Centre closest to you.
- Tuggeranong Community Health Centre
- City Community Health Centre
Make an appointment
Call the Community Health Intake (CHI) team on (02) 6207 9977 between 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 3:30pm Wednesdays (excluding public holidays).
When you call to book an appointment, a CHI representative will register your details and ask specific questions about your health care needs. You may be transferred to one of our nurses for further assessment in order to determine your eligibility and arrange the most appropriate service for your needs.