Interstate patient travel assistance (IPTAS)
IPTAS provides assistance to permanent residents of the ACT towards travel accommodation expenses incurred when referred interstate for medical treatment not available in the ACT.
Please note that IPTAS is moving to Level 3, Building 6, Canberra Hospital as of 01 April, 2011.
IPTAS Claim form and instructions
Full details of eligibility and allowances are in this form:
|Download:||ACT Interstate Patient Travel Assistance Scheme (IPTAS) Form (Microsoft Word Document - 722k)|
Applications and still be lodged at the following health centres:
- Tuggeranong - Anketell Street
- Phillip - Corinna Street
- City - Moore Street
- Belconnen - Swanson Street
|Download:||IPTAS Guidelines July 2011 (PDF File - 101k)|
These guidelines are currently under review.
These Guidelines provide information about the criteria and administrative requirements for the ACT Interstate Patient Travel Assistance Scheme (IPTAS).
In particular, it provides detailed information on:
- The eligibility criteria for ACT IPTAS
- The requirement to refer to the nearest treating specialist and the referral process for ACT IPTAS
- Situations where approval of an escort under ACT IPTAS may be appropriate, including a list of the reasons where provision of an escort may be appropriate
- Situations where approval of air travel under ACT IPTAS is appropriate, including a list of reasons that may make air travel appropriate and details of the process for obtaining approval for a patient/escort to travel by air.
|Download:||Travel Benefits (Microsoft Word Document - 32k)|
|Download:||IPTAS brochure (PDF File - 1419k)|
Address for Return of Documentation / Telephone Number for Appointments
PO Box 11
WODEN ACT 2606.
Tel: (02) 6205 3299
Fax: (02) 6244 3453