Chief Health Officer's Report 2018
Healthy Canberra 2018: Australian Capital Territory Chief Health Officer’s Report provides an opportunity to examine the health of Canberrans and explore potential opportunities for improvement.
Healthy Canberra 2018 has been prepared as required under Section 10 of the Public Health Act 1997. The report focuses on priority health issues that cause the greatest burden of disease, are preventable and are fundamental to good health.
Topics are presented under four themed chapters: Healthy City, Healthy Weight, Healthy Lifestyle and Healthy People. These represent the influences of our environment and our lifestyle on our health.
Healthy Canberra provides a platform for looking forward and anticipating future health challenges and opportunities.
I trust Healthy Canberra will be of interest to you.
Dr Paul Kelly
ACT Chief Health Officer
About this report
The Chief Health Officer reports biennially on the health of the ACT population to the Minister for Health on specific health related topics.
Data presented in this report have been analysed from a range of sources including:
- mortality and hospital records;
- notifiable disease data, screening program and immunisation registers;
- survey data; and
- published statistical reports and journal articles.
- ACT Chief Health Officers Report 2016
- ACT Chief Health Officers Report 2014
- ACT Chief Health Officers Report Summary 2014
- Chief Health Officers Report 2012
- Chief Health Officer's Report 2010
- Chief Health Officer's report 2008
- Chief Health Officer's report 2006
- Chief Health Officer's Report 2000 - 2002
- Chief Health Officer's Report 1998 - 2000
- Chief Health Officer's Report 1996-1998