Emergency Medicine - Canberra Hospital
- 24 hour emergency cover – supervision provided at all times by emergency medicine physicians. After hours supervision provided by registrars.
- Management trauma centre in Canberra region
- Annually 53,000 patients managed with admission rate of around 30%
- In any one term up to 24 junior medical staff rostered to do emergency
- Exposure to wide range of procedures including basic and advanced life support, plaster cast application, suturing, intubation and many others
- Daily unit tutorials and daily teaching ward rounds
- Extensive opportunities for involvement in research
- Department has a paediatrician working full time in emergency to ensure all JMOs have support when assessing and managing paediatric patients
Make a difference - join ACT Health
A career at ACT Health recognises and rewards skill and experience, with progression through clinical, research, education and management pathways at all levels.
This button takes you to a full listing of ACT Health's current vacancies:
Contact ACT Health's Medical Officer Support Unit by emailing: email@example.com on +61 2 6244 2779.