Child Health Checks
Child health checks are offered through the Health Directorate's Child Health Clinics by Maternal & Child Health (MACH) nurses. The checks provide an opportunity for you to gain information, support and advice relevant to caring for your child.
Regular health checks are recommended to monitor how your child is growing and to offer early intervention and treatment if required for certain conditions. Your MACH nurse can check your child's development and growth and will discuss any concerns you have about your child. Child Health Checks should be attended at about:
- 1 to 4 weeks
- 6 to 8 weeks
- 6 to 9 months
- 12 months (optional)
- 18 to 21 months
- 3 to 4 years
Who can use this service?
All families with children in the ACT.
Appointments for child health checks are made by phoning Community Health Intake on (02) 6207 9977 between 8am and 5pm weekdays.
Child Health Clinics are located at the following sites across Canberra.
- Belconnen - Belconnen Health Centre, Corner of Benjamin Way & Swanson Court
- Dickson - Dickson Health Centre, Dickson Place (Opp. Library)
- Florey - Ratcliffe Cres, Florey (next to Florey Preschool)
- Gungahlin Child & Family Centre - Corner of Ernst Cavanagh Street and Gungahlin Place, Gungahlin (next to library)
- Ngunnawal Child Health Clinic - 103 Wanganeen Ave, Ngunnawal (Next to Ngunnawal Pre-School)
- West Belconnen Child and Family Centre - Cnr Starke and Luke Sts, Holt
- Lanyon - Lanyon Family Centre, Sidney Nolan Street, Conder
- Narrabundah - Early Childhood School, Kootara Cres, Narrabundah
- Phillip - Phillip Health Centre, Corner Corinna & Keltie Streets, Phillip
- Tuggeranong - Child and Family Centre, 159 Anketell Street, Greenway
- Weston Creek - Weston Creek Child Health Clinic, Parkinson St. Weston (adjacent to Independent Living Centre)
This service is free.
What do I need to bring?
Please bring your Child's Personal Health Record (PHR - Blue Book).
In this section: