Beat it: Physical Activity and Lifestyle Program
A new BEAT IT: Physical Activity and Lifestyle Program is being offered at the Centre for Health, Community and Wellbeing, Bruce Campus of Canberra Institute of Technology.
This evidence based program is designed to improve the health of those at risk of, or living with diabetes and other chronic conditions, through awareness and physical activity.
About BEAT IT
Classes start slowly and build up as participant's become more confident and as health and fitness improves.
Classes are run twice weekly, with each class including a combination of aerobic and resistance training exercises.
Combined with other regular physical activity, BEAT It can help:
- Reduce the risk of developing diabetes and other chronic lifestyle conditions
- Help with diabetes and other chronic lifestyle disease management
- Prevent development of diabetes complications and other chronic lifestyle related conditions
- Improve heart health
- Improve blood glucose control
- Improve insulin sensitivity
- Improve blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- Achieve weight loss and weight management
- Prevent osteoporosis and improve bone mineral density
- Reduce the risk of falls and fall related injuries
- Improve mood, energy and quality of life.
All BEAT IT programs are delivered by appropriately qualified professionals who have been trained and accredited by Australian Diabetes Council.
Venue: CIT Bruce Campus, B Block, Centre for Health, Community and Wellbeing
Length: 2 x 1hr sessions each week and on-going support
Commencing: 10 am, Wednesday 7th March 2012
Cost to attend: $5 per session. (Subsidised places available for people with Health Care Cards Healthy Communities Initiative)
For more information or to register, phone Glen Fluit on (02) 6207 3497 or email: email@example.com
In this section: