Child and youth dental
For General Treatment please call one of the clinic locations listed below to enquire about an appointment.
For General Enquires about the Dental Health Program please call (02) 6207 9977.
The service provides children and young people with the following dental services:
- Comprehensive assessment;
- Oral health plans based on individuals' needs;
- General preventative and restorative treatment;
- Emergency treatment.
Dental treatments such as orthodontic appliances and dentures are available to children and young people who are covered by a current Centrelink Concession Card, these services will incur a separate charge.
Who can use this service?
- All children under 5 who live in the ACT;
- All children 5 years to under 14 years of age who live or attend school in the ACT;
- Young people living or attending school in the ACT under the age of 18 years who are covered by a current Centelink Concession Card.
For General Treatment please call to make an appointment.
Emergency services are available for clients of the Child & Youth Dental Service.
- Monday to Friday, please call the clinic to be triaged.
- For weekend and public holiday emergencies please phone (02) 6205 1653 (Recorded information line).
Moore St Health Building
Cnr Moore & Alinga Sts, Civic
Phone (02) 6205 0978 or (02) 6205 0977
Belconnen Health Centre
56 Lathlain St
Phone (02) 6205 1541 or (02) 6205 1202
Gungahlin Community Health Centre
Cnr Ernest Cavanagh St & Fussel Lane
Phone (02) 62074547
Phillip Health Centre
Cnr Corinna & Keltie Sts
Phone 6205 1463 or 6205 1695
Tuggeranong Health Centre
Cnr Anketell & Pitman Sts
Phone 6205 2768 or 6205 0585
Clients must be accompanied by a parent or a legal guardian who is authorised to sign relevant paperwork in required and consent to treatment.
- Children 5 years to under 14 years of age - $58.50 per child per "Course of Care"
- Children under 5 years (who require treatment) - $58.50 per child per "Course of Care"
Please Note: Please bring your Centrelink Concession Card and/or family Tax Benefit letter to each appointment.