IYM Safe Cycle
Safe Cycle for High Schools develops student cycling skills and confidence to encourage students to ride, walk and scoot to school. Schools receive quality and engaging game based curriculum, access to loan bikes and a range of project support.
- game based lessons suitable for years 7-10
- educates students in safe cycling techniques and bike maintenance
- increases students confidence and enjoyment of riding a bike as a form of active travel
- builds on the primary school initiative, Ride or Walk to School
- links to the Australian Curriculum (Health and Physical Education)
The Safe Cycle online TQI Accredited Professional Learning for years 7 & 8 along with the student game-based classroom activities are available online at the Healthy Children's Learning Hub.
- Online TQI accredited teacher professional learning.
- Online game-based student learning and fun practical lessons.
- Loan of a bike package for 3 weeks, managed by the Physical Activity Foundation.
- Bike maintenance workshops.
- Support to implement a whole school project using QR code technology to motivate more students to ride or walk to school.
To find out how your school can get involved please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 6207 0725.
Safe Cycle for High Schools
Download the Safe Cycle flyer here