Benefits of Regular Physical Activity
Regular physical activity is good for everyone.
For babies and young children regular physical activity is important for healthy growth and development.
From childhood onwards, regular physical activity is important for:
- Maintaining good health.
- Preventing the development of health risk factors or poor health.
- Enhancing self-confidence and social skills.
Proven benefits of regular physical activity across the lifespan include:
- Healthy growth and development.
- Building strong hearts, muscles and bones.
- Acquisition of fundamental motor skills.
- Improved movement, balance, coordination and reaction time.
- Increased mental awareness.
- Improved social skills, self esteem and confidence.
- Healthy weight management.
- Prevention of cardiovascular disease.
- Prevention of Type II diabetes.
- Prevention of some forms of cancer.
Active play everyday