Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace Accreditation
Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace Accreditation (BFWA) assists employers to create a supportive environment for breastfeeding mothers returning to work after maternity leave. For breastfeeding to be maintained, staff returning to work need to be able to breastfeed their babies or express their milk during the working day.
What is in it for employers?
- Aids recruitment and retention strategies
- Creates a supportive environment where staff feel their employer cares about their health
- Promotes workplace diversity
- Provides an equal opportunity environment
- Reduces staff absenteeism due to having a sick child
What is in it for employees?
- Makes the return to work as easy as possible
- Enables mothers to combine work and breastfeeding
- Helps women to breastfeed for longer
- Allows confidence that the centre will be supportive
Information on obtaining Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace Accreditation can be found on the Australian Breastfeeding Association website www.breastfeedingfriendly.com.au/