Beyond Today...it's up to you is a community-based social marketing campaign to promote tobacco cessation and healthy lifestyle behaviours among the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities of the ACT and surrounding regions.
The campaign features local members of the community telling stories about their motivations to live a healthy lifestyle across a range of materials, including: posters, brochures, short videos and songs created and performed by local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people.
- Aunty Agnes Shea, Chenisha Drazevich and Selina Walker are a proud Ngunnawal family from the ACT.
- Benny Hodges is a proud Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descendant from Far North Queensland.
- Calvin Huddleston is a proud descendant of the Kalkadoon and Wiradjuri, Ngandi, Gurunji peoples.
- Dion, Dante', D'shonetea' and Sienna Devow descend from the Budda Budda Wadamai/Mambarra and Darnley/Murray Islands peoples.
- Kiescha Jamieson is a proud Wongi Nyoongah/Pitjantjatjarra/Gommilliroi women.
- Roxy Brown is a proud Muruwari women from Brewarrin, NSW.
- Aunty Agnes' digital story
- Benny's digital story
- Chenisha's digital story
- Dante's digital story
- Dion's digital story
- Roxy's digital story
- Beyond Today Album Song
- Poster 1. Agnes, Chenisha, Selina
- Poster 2. Benny Hodges
- Poster 3. Calvin Butler Huddleston
- Poster 4. Dion, Dante`, D'Shontea` and Sienna
- Poster 5. Roxy Brown
- Poster 6. Kiescha
- Poster 7. Agnes Shea
- Poster 8. Selina Walker
- Banner 1. Agnes, Chenisha and Selina
- Banner 2. Benny Hodges
- Banner 3. Calvin Butler Huddleston
- Banner 4. Dion, Dante`, D'Shontea` and Sienna
- Banner 5. Roxy Brown
- Banner 6. Kiescha
- Banner 7. Agnes Shea
- Banner 8. Selina Walker
For more information
Call Quitline on 13 78 48. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander counsellors are available.
Visit your local Health Centre or General Practice.