ACT Pathology employs approximately 200 staff.
Our organisation offers a range of employment opportunities including permanent full-time and part-time, casual and temporary positions in a number of employment streams.
- Medical: Staff Specialists are employed in all disciplines of pathology. For medical officers wishing to specialise in pathology, ACT Pathology also has Registrar positions that are accedited for training through the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia (RCPA).
- Scientific: Scientific officers are employed in the laboratory to perform functions such as processing and testing of pathology samples, quality assurance and maintenance of the instruments.
- Phlebotomy staff: Phlebotomy staff are employed to perform pathology collection services, both in the hospital wards on inpatients and in the Pathology Outpatient Centres on outpatients.
- Support staff: Support staff are employed at various classifications to provide services throughout the organisation. Examples include medical typists/receptionists, data entry staff, financial/accounting staff, Specimen Reception duties and Outpatient Reception duties.
- Information Technology: The IT Services area is responsible for maintaining and upgrading software and hardware used in the ACT and regional pathology laboratories. Staff in this area provide 24 hour systems support and have specialised training in pathology and related IT systems.
- General Services: General service officers are employed as pathology couriers, transporting reports and specimens between the laboratories, hospitals, doctors surgeries and nursing homes.
Information on recruitment, selection and employment conditions, including salary packaging and superannuation is available from the Employment section of this website.