Welcome to CRCC
The main entrance to the Canberra Region Cancer Centre is located on Level 1 at the northern end of the facility. Access is available from Level 1 of the multi-story southern car park, and via Building 3, Level 1 of Canberra Hospital.
Access to Radiation Oncology is through the Canberra Region Cancer Centre.
The Canberra Region Cancer Centre brings together under one roof the following outpatient services:
- Main entrance, main reception, waiting area, lifts, cafe and patient information IT hub.
- Radiation Oncology remains in its current location and is integrated with the Centre.
- Rapid Assessment Unit and Phone Triage Service
- Immunology, Medical Oncology and Haematology outpatient clinic services
- Patient and family lounge
- Patient information Resource Centre
- ACT Pathology Collection Centre
- Oncology Pharmacy
- Cancer Outpatients Day Treatment
- Immunology Day Treatment
- Clinical Trials Laboratory
- Day Haematology unit, including aphaeresis, bone marrow biopsy and stem cell transplant
- Haemophilia Centre
- Cancer Outreach Treatment Team
- Executive and clinical offices.
The Canberra Region Cancer Centre (Building 19) main reception is open
from 7:30am - 6:00pm Monday to Friday.
Patients coming to the CRCC
Patients are asked to wear comfortable clothing and bring something to help pass the time such as a book or magazine. Please be prepared to wait if your appointment is delayed, as urgent cases receive priority.
The waiting area has comfortable seating. A television and tea and coffee making facilities are provided.
The patient / family lounge area offers visitors to the Centre a quiet space for privacy, relaxation or reflection.
The Resource Room on Level 2 has computer access and provides a wide range of supportive material for patients, families and carers.
The Cancer Centre nursing staff have advanced skills and are able to assist you with explanations of the treatment and any side effects.
Let your nurse know of any problems as early as possible at your visit.
Visit the link below for information on what you can expect as a patient during your stay at Canberra Hospital.
All ACT Health facilities are completely smoke free. All patients, visitors and staff are required to remain smoke free when visiting any ACT Health facility. Security officers will enforce the smoke free environment. Support is available to help smokers to stay smoke free during their visit to ACT Health facilities. For more information on quitting speak to your GP or Pharmacist.