Home Telemonitoring Service
The Home Telemonitoring Service provides monitoring of vital signs in the patient's home over a telephone line. This service is provided for patients with Diabetes, Chronic Heart Failure or Chronic Lung Disease. It includes:
- Installation of a telemonitoring station in a patient’s home for anywhere between 1 and 6 months.
- Patient education in the use of the home telemonitor to record their temperature, blood pressure, heart rate, heart rhythm, weight, oxygen saturation, blood glucose and respiratory function each day
- Monitoring of daily observations via the internet (Monday to Friday) by a clinician.
- Appropriate response to problems identified by the clinician.
Benefits to the Patient
The benefits to the patient include:
- Supporting the referring clinician’s current patient health management plan.
- Helping patients to self manage their chronic disease more effectively and increase patient confidence.
- Monitoring the effect and response of specific therapy and help stabilise patients’ medical condition.
- Reducing the frequency of hospitalisation and emergency department (ED) presentations.
This service has been incorporated into the CSIRO Home Monitoring of Chronic Disease Trial.
For more information on the Home Telemonitoring Service, please contact us.