Telephone Coaching Service
The Chronic Disease Telephone Coaching Service is a telephone based support service provided free of charge by ACT Health. The program will help people with chronic diseases improve their ability to self manage their condition.
This leads to improved quality of life and reducing the incidence of exacerbation and progression of their disease.
How Does this Service Work?
Chronic Disease Telephone Coaching is provided by registered nurses and includes:
- An individualised plan to help patients achieve their personal health goals
- Regular support calls from the program’s registered nurse
- Advice on ways to improve aspects of the patient’s health including weight management, understanding their medication and the importance of exercise
- Advice on effectively communicating with their doctor
- Appropriate support and information relevant to their health condition
- Assistance in accessing local community services
- Access to 24 hour, 7 day a week telephone support
Potential benefits to patients include:
- Increased knowledge of their condition
- Addressing barriers to making lifestyle changes
- Helping take control of symptoms by monitoring them and responding appropriately
- Encourage patients to actively share in decision making with health professionals
- Managing the physical, social and emotional impact of their condition on their life
- Living a healthy lifestyle
Enrolling in the Service
People diagnosed with the following conditions may be eligible for this service:
- Chronic heart failure
- Coronary artery disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Type 2 diabetes
For more information about the ACT Health Chronic Disease Telephone Coaching Service please see the following flyer and poster.
Information for Clinicians
For further information about the Chronic Disease Management Telephone Coaching Service, please contact us.