Exercise Physiology Department
The Exercise Physiology Department provides clinical exercise prescription, lifestyle and behavioural modification programs for individuals living in the Canberra community with chronic conditions.
The service provides:
- Individualised land based gymnasium programs
- Hydrotherapy programs
- Group education programs
- Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation Program support
- Heart Failure Rehabilitation Program support
- Child and Adolescent Diabetes Program (Age 9-16 years)
A referral must be made to the service by a medical practitioner (GP or specialist).
Referrals are to be sent to Community Health Intake (CHI) Tel: 02 6207 9977 or Fax 02 6205 2611. If you have any queries contact the RACC Intake Officer on 02 6207 7292.
Individuals can be referred to the service if they are medically diagnosed with:
- Pre and post surgery – orthopaedic or general.
- Deconditioned following a hospital admission.
- Chronic pain.
- Cardiovascular disease.
- Pulmonary disease.
- Musculoskeletal pathology.
- Mental health conditions.
- Recent neurological conditions –diagnosed within one year of referral.
Exercise Physiology Department: (02) 6244 2573
Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 4.45pm
The Exercise Physiology Department is located at Canberra Hospital.