In crisis situations contact:
Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team (CATT)
The Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team (CATT) provides a 24-hour, seven day a week service used for assessment and treatment of mentally ill people in crisis situations.
- Call the CATT Mental Health Triage Service on 1800 629 354 (24 hour service) or (02) 6205 1065.
Access to Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
Provides assessment and treatment 7 days a week during business hours. Referrals are received from General Practitioners, School Counsellors or other concerned health professionals.
- To make a referral, please phone CAMHS on (02) 6205 1971 or Fax (02) 6205 2627.
- For after hours, please contact CATT on free call 1800 629 354.
ACT’s new Mental Health Act 2015
On 1 March 2016, the ACT’s new Mental Health Act 2015 came into effect, giving those in the ACT living with a mental illness, or their carers and family members, greater opportunity to contribute to decisions on their treatment, care and support.
Mental Health, Justice Health and Alcohol & Drug Services provides health services directly and through partnerships with community organisations. The services provided range from prevention and treatment to recovery and maintenance and harm minimisation. Consumer and carer participation is encouraged in all aspects of service planning and delivery. The Division works in partnership with consumers, carers and a range of government and non-government service providers to ensure the best possible outcomes for clients.
The Division delivers services at a number of locations, including hospital inpatient and outpatient settings, community health centres, detention centres, other community settings including peoples home. These services include:
Mental Health, Justice Health and Alcohol & Drug Services include the following programs:
- ACT Wide Mental Health Services
- Adult Mental Health Services
- Alcohol & Drug Services
- Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- Justice Health Services
Accessing your clinical records
Download these forms to access your medical records:
- Information for Carers, Families and Friends Card
- CATT/ADS Card
- About Us flyer
- Why Do I need a General Practitioner
- Welcome to the Adult Mental Health Unit
- Plain Language Guide
- A Source Guide to the Mental Health Act
- Agreements & Consent
- Decision Making Capacity
- Electron Convulsive Therapy
- Emergency Apprehension and Detention
- Forensic Provisions
- Mental Health Orders
- Nominated Person