Falls and Falls Injury Prevention Program
The Falls and Falls Injury Prevention Program works with individuals and community organisations to raise awareness of how to prevent falls in older adults.
Our services include:
- Prevention and early intervention.
- Providing and developing local community education activities and resources.
- Providing individual advice and information.
- Education programs for medical and other healthcare staff.
- Stepping On (a community based education program for clients over 70 years).
Referrals and bookings
Clients aged 65 years and over and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders aged 55 years and over who:
have experienced a fall;
are restricted in their normal daily activities due to a fear of falling; or
report (or their carers observe) increasing disturbances in their balance or walking.
Referrals for assessment at the Community clinics can be made through the Community Health Intake line on (02) 6207 9977 between 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 3:30pm Wednesdays (excluding public holidays) or fax CHI referral form to 6205 2611
Community Health Intake (CHI) - Tel: (02) 6207 9977 between 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 3:30pm Wednesdays (excluding public holidays) or Fax 02 6205 2611
We are located in the City Health Building, Level 3, 1 Moore St, Canberra City.
Falls and Falls Injury Prevention Clinics operate from the Belconnen Community Health Centre and Tuggeranong Community Health Centre.