You can breastfeed anywhere, anytime. This includes when you are using child care services
If you are using a childcare service in the ACT, you can:
- Keep breastfeeding your child, or
- Provide the childcare centre with your expressed breast milk.
Child care centres cannot:
- Refuse an application or not offer a child care place because your child is breastfeeding.
- Ask you to stop or discourage you from breastfeeding when your child starts in child care.
Tell you that you cannot breastfeed or express your breast milk on the premises.
- Refuse to feed your child with your expressed breast milk.
If you would like to read more information:
It is against the law for a child care service provider to discriminate against you because you are breastfeeding