The physiotherapy service in the Division of Women Youth & Children Community Health Programs provides assessment, information, exercise advice, early intervention and prevention services in the following areas:
1. Women, 3-12 months after birth with mastitis or musculoskeletal issues which are pregnancy related e.g; lower back pain, wrist pain, pelvic pain, abdominal weakness, continence or pelvic floor issues.
2. Pregnancy related musculo-skeletal and continence issues. Clients who birthed at Canberra or Calvary Hospital (Public) can access outpatients physiotherapy services up to 3 months following the birth of the child.
3. Babies under 12 months with:
• head and neck posture concerns e.g. torticollis, plagiocephaly
• positional foot problems
• physical development (gross motor) issues e.g. delayed rolling/sitting/weight bearing.
Eligibility Criteria: As above
How can clients access the service?
Clients can access this service by phoning Community Health Intake 6207 9977 between 8am – 5pm weekdays. No appointment is required for the Physiotherapy Information Group; further details are available in the flyer below.
Cost: The service is free to Medicare and Asylum Seeker cardholders.
Do clients have to bring anything to the consultation?
• Any relevant medical investigations or results
• Blue Book if appointment for baby
- Belconnen Enhanced Community Health Centre - Mondays and Tuesdays
- Tuggeranong Community Health Centre - Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
- Gungahlin Community Health Centre - Mondays, Tuesdays
Physiotherapy Information Group
Come with your questions, covering the first year post-natal.
For yourself about:
- Post natal recovery exercises and general exercise advice
- Back and pelvic care
- Wrist, feet, knees and general musculoskeletal care
- Pelvic floor, bladder and bowel issues
For your baby about:
- Normal development, how to encourage
- Tummy time ideas
- Musculoskeletal issues, head shape, neck issues, positional talipes
West Belconnen Child and Family Centre
Corner Starke and Luke Streets, HOLT
|1st Wednesday of the month|
Tuggeranong Child and Family Centre
159 Anketell Street, GREENWAY
|2nd Wednesday of the month|
Gungahlin Child and Family Centre
51 Ernest Cavanaugh St , GUNGAHLIN
|3rd Tuesday of the Month|
Please note this is an information session only. For individual physiotherapy appointments please call Community Health Intake on 6207 9977.