Quality in Healthcare ACT Awards 2018
Applications for the Quality in Healthcare ACT Awards are now open.
Established in 2002, the Quality in Healthcare ACT Awards highlight the dedication of individuals and teams who make significant positive contributions to the health sector. They also recognise innovations that improve the delivery of safe, quality care within the ACT.
The awards are open to all health sector employees in the ACT, including:
- clinical staff
- administrative personnel
- community-based organisations
- private facilities
- public facilities
- students studying a health-related discipline in the ACT
This year, there are five award categories:
- Person-centred – how well an individual or team co-design care and treatment with patients, consumers and carers. This includes initiatives to improve the patient or staff experience.
- Safety – reductions in harm, and improvements in processes to deliver enhanced patient safety.
- Effectiveness – evidence based practices that deliver benefits and improvements to patients.
- Efficiency – new developments and methods to avoid waste, including waste of equipment, supplies, time and energy.
- Student – improvements led by health sector students.
Applications must reflect work completed in the last 12 months.
The Quality in Healthcare ACT Awards are an opportunity to demonstrate the exceptional work of you, your colleagues or your team in the past 12 months.
All finalists are invited to attend the presentation ceremony to be held in December 2018.
Applications close Sunday 16 September 2018.
Need more information?
If you need more information or you would like to attend an information session please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 6205 5236.
Last year’s overall winner
The INSPIRED trial, Clare Holland House, Calvary Public Hospital Bruce
The trial aimed to integrate specialist palliative care into residential aged care for older people, using a randomised controlled stepped wedge.