Quality in Healthcare ACT Awards 2017
Established in 2002, the Quality in Healthcare ACT Awards highlight the dedication of individuals and teams who make significant positive impacts in the health sector. The Awards recognise innovations that improve the delivery of safe, quality care within the Australian Capital Territory.
Open to all health sector employees in the ACT – both administrative and clinical, including community-based organisations, private and public facilities, as well as students studying a health-related discipline in the ACT, we encourage you to apply!
This year’s applications will be awarded in five categories:
- Person-centred – how well an individual or team co-design care and treatment with patients, consumers and carers, and initiatives to improve the patient or staff experience.
- Safety – reductions in harm and improvements in processes and delivery to enhance patient safety.
- Effectiveness – evidence based practices that deliver improvements and benefits to patients.
- Efficiency – new developments and methods to avoid waste, including waste of equipment, supplies, time and energy.
- Student – improvements led by health sector students.
Your application must reflect work completed in the last 12 months.
All finalists are invited to attend the presentation ceremony to be held in early 2018 and have their entries published in a commemorative booklet.
Need more information?
Come along to one of our information sessions below, these are open to anyone who is thinking of applying.
To book a seat at one of the sessions or for any further information, email: email@example.com
or phone: 02 6244 4905.
- Weds 26 July 1230-1300 Level 3 Conference Room, 1 Moore St
- Weds 26 July 1300-1330 Level 3 Conference Room, 1 Moore St
- Thurs 27 July 1430-1500 Meeting Room 2, Building 24, Canberra Hospital
- Tues 1 August 1330-1400 Meeting Room 2, Building 24, Canberra Hospital
- Weds 2 August 1300-1330 Meeting Room 4.05 Level 4, 4 Bowes St Woden
- Weds 2 August 1330-1400 Meeting Room 4.05 Level 4, 4 Bowes St Woden
- Thurs 3 August 1300-1330 Meeting Room 1, Building 24, Canberra Hospital
- Thurs 3 August 1330-1400 Meeting Room 1, Building 24, Canberra Hospital
- Fri 1 Sept 1200-1230 Conference Room 1 Belconnen Health Centre
- Fri 1 Sept 1230-1300 Conference Room 1 Belconnen Health Centre
- Tues 5 Sept 1300-1330 Meeting Room 1 Tuggeranong Health Centre
- Tues 5 Sept 1330-1400 Meeting Room 1 Tuggeranong Health Centre
Here are some of the finalists and winners enjoying 2016’s presentation ceremony: