Working in ACT Health - Social Worker
Are you a Social Worker?
Be recognised for your experience as an Allied Health Professional
Social Workers are employed by numerous areas within ACT health including Aged Care & Rehabilitation Service, Community Health, Mental Health ACT, The Canberra Hospital, and Calvary Hospital.
Social Workers are required to demonstrate currency in knowledge and professional skills. To this end, ACT Health supports specific professional development, research and further study, study leave and a performance development plan for all employees.
Click here to view currently advertised vacancies.
ACT Health can offer you
- A competitive salary and generous salary packaging options
- Active clinical teaching and training programs (including Interprofessional learning)
- Excellent professional support and development opportunities
- Recognition of Excellence Personal Upgrade Scheme
- Career Pathways for clinicians, managers and clinical educators
- Research Mentoring Program
- Scholarship support for ongoing postgraduate education
And living in Canberra has so many advantages
- living in a clean, safe and friendly community
- an outstanding public and private school system
- short commuting times
- great restaurants and cultural events
- a green environment supporting an active lifestyle
- quality career opportunities for other household members
Eligibility for employment with ACT Health as a Social Worker
Social Workers employed by ACT Health must be eligible to join the Australian Association of Social Workers
Contact us to discuss upcoming Social Work vacancies
Australian Association of Social Workers provides information on:
For more information on Allied Health news and initiatives visit the ACT Health Allied Health Welcome Page