The ACT Junior medical officer forum represents for all prevocational doctors in Canberra. We provide opportunities for JMOs across the state to meet, identify and take action on issues related to prevocational supervision, education, training, professional development, vocational planning, recruitment, accreditation, human resources, and welfare.
We represent for our doctors on the Canberra Region Medical Education Council (CRMEC) as well as at the national level on the Australian Junior Medical Officer Committee (AJMOC).
We are an independent group run by JMOs in the interest of JMOs. We provide a safe environment for all JMOs to discuss their concerns as well as any issues they’ve experienced without being identified. We can escalate issues to the regional and national level to make your voice is heard.
We work in close partnership with:
- Medical Officer Support, Credentialing, Employment and Training Unit (MOSCETU)
- ACT Junior Medical Society (ACT JMOA)
- ACT Prevocational Education and Training Committee (ACT PETC)
- General Clinical Training Committee (GCTC)
- ACT branch of the Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Confederation of Post Graduate medical education council (CPMEC)
- If you would like to take part and work with JMOF, please contact us on JMOF@act.gov.au
Chair of JMOF: Dr Ann Jacob