Learning & Development Options for Nursing & Midwifery
The Learning and Development Options supports access to continual professional development, knowledge acquisition and the application of this knowledge to standards of practice.
The ACTPS is committed to attracting and retaining skilled employees able to deliver high quality outcomes for the Government and for the Canberra Community.
Learning and development opportunities
ACT Health learning and development opportunities include:
- ACT Health Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships
- Sabbatical leave
- Study bank
- Programmed Professional Development Time - Refer to ACT Public Service Nursing & Midwifery Enterprise Agreement 2013-2017
- Professional Development Leave (PDL) - Refer to ACT Public Service Nursing & Midwifery Enterprise Agreement 2013-2017
- ACT Health Capabiliti E-Learning
- Australian College of Nursing - Nurseinfo
- Healnet - Health Education and Learning Network
There are many different scholarship options open to nurses and midwives. Below are some examples.