Clinical Development Nurses
The TTPP Clinical Development Nurses (CDNs) work exclusively with the Transition to Practice Program to provide clinical support, education, feedback and assessment of competency related to the NMBA Registered Nurse Standards for Practice (2016).
The role of the Transition to Practice Program CDN is to:
- Support your transition into the organisation and nursing workforce
- Assist in identifying and facilitating your learning needs
- Provide ‘hands on’ clinical support
- Provide feedback on work performance
- Enhance your professional development
- Promote evidence based practice, and
- Assess competence
Five dedicated CDNs support the Transition to Practice program at Canberra Hospital.
Most clinical areas throughout ACT Health have a CDN allocated to their team. These CDNs provide support to all staff in their respective clinical area and also assist new graduate nurses.