Note 1. Objectives of the Health Directorate
Operations and Principal Activities
The Directorate partners with the community and consumers for better health outcomes by:
- delivering patient and family centred care;
- strengthening partnerships;
- promoting good health and wellbeing;
- improving access to appropriate healthcare; and
- having robust safety and quality systems.
We aim for sustainability and improved efficiency in the use of resources, by designing sustainable services to deliver outcomes efficiently, and embedding a culture of research and innovation.
The Directorate continues to strengthen clinical governance of its processes, and strives to be accountable to both the government and the community.
The Directorate aims to support our people and strengthen teams, by helping staff to reach their potential, promoting a learning culture and providing high-level leadership.