Sexual Health, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C and Related Diseases
The ACT Ministerial Advisory Council on Sexual Health, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C and Related Diseases (SHAHRD) addresses a wide range of issues in the areas of sexual health and blood borne viruses as they pertain to the health and well-being of all ACT residents.
Through its membership, the contributions of participating Health and Education and Training Directorates' staff and through community forum, SHAHRD is able to consider community, consumer and government perspectives.
Specific advice has been provided to the ACT Minister for Health on the following issues in the 2012-2013 financial year included:
- Extending the timeline for updating the HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, and Sexually Transmissible Infections: A Strategic Framework for the ACT 2007-2012 (the ACT Strategy) and the goals it encompasses in anticipation of the National Strategies development process.
- The revised ACT Strategy is expected to follow in early 2015.
- Addressing the increasing notification of Chlamydia in the ACT and encouraged financial support for outreach activities in ACT youth.
SHAHRD has been ably supported by the secretariat from the Chronic and Primary Health Policy Unit, Policy and Government Relations Branch, ACT Health.
- SHAHRD Annual Report to Minister 2013-14
- SHAHRD Annual Report to Minister 2012-13
- SHAHRD Annual Report to Minister 2011-12
- SHAHRD Annual Report to Minister 2010-11