About the HMRC
The ACT Health and Medical Research Council was established in September 2003 as a high level advisory body to provide strategic advice to the Minister and ACT Health on developing the ACT health and medical research sector.
A key component of this work includes oversighting the development and implementation of the Health and Medical Research Support Program.
In this section:
The Council represents the broad stakeholder interest in health and medical research in the ACT.
Professor Scott Henderson, Professor Emeritus, ANU.
- Dr Charles Guest, Chief Health Officer;
- Professor Paul Gatenby, Director of Research, Canberra Hospital;
- Professor David Ellwood, Associate Dean of the Canberra Clinical School;
- Ms Elizabeth Grant, Chair of the ACT Health Ethics Committee;
- Dr Paul Dugdale, Director, Chronic Disease Management;
- A/Professor Gordon Waddington, University of Canberra;
- Professor Sue Thomas, Pro Vice-Chancellor Research, University of Canberra;
- Mr Ian Macdonald, Consumer Representative;
- Professor Jane Dahlstrom, Anatomical Pathologist, ACT Pathology;
- Dr Christine O'Keefe, CSIRO Preventative Health National Research Flagship.
The Health and Medical Research Council Secretariat is located in the Population Health Executive Office.