The ACT Health Promotion Grants Program (ACTHPGP) offers grants to community-based organisations to improve the health of Canberrans and minimise the risk of them developing chronic diseases.
This funding supports the objectives of the Healthy Canberra: ACT Preventive Health Plan 2020 – 2025.
The Plan prioritises five key areas:
- supporting children and families
- enabling active living
- increasing healthy eating
- reducing risky behaviours, including smoking, risky alcohol consumption and the transmission of sexually transmissible infections and bloodborne viruses, and
- promoting healthy ageing.
Current funding opportunities
OPEN NOW: Healthy Canberra Grants: Focus on Reducing Smoking-Related Harm
Healthy Canberra Grants: Focus on Reducing Smoking-Related Harm is seeking applications from community-based groups for programs that focus on preventing and reducing harm from smoking. There is up to $850,000 in funding available to support programs of up to three years duration, commencing in the 2020/21 financial year.
Healthy Canberra Grants: Focus on Reducing Smoking-Related Harm aims to fund programs that:
- reduce the number of people in population groups with a high prevalence of smoking
- prevent or delay the uptake of smoking
- prevent the harms associated with electronic cigarettes and other new smoking products
Applications are due by 4pm Monday 17 February 2020.
An information session about Healthy Canberra Grants: Focus on Reducing Smoking-Related Harm will be conducted on Monday 16 December 2019 from 3.30pm to 4.30pm at ACT Health’s Bowes Training and Conference Centre, 2 Bowes Street, Phillip. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 5124 9456.
Applications can be made online via the SmartyGrants online grants management system.
The Healthy Canberra Grants: Focus on Reducing Smoking-Related Harm Funding Guidelines will provide you with more information about this funding opportunity to assist you to prepare an application.
To stay informed about future funding opportunities, please email email@example.com or call 02 5124 9456 and ask to be added to our distribution list.