Girls: It’s Your Move (IYM) supports high schools to take an holistic approach to engage high school students to increase girls’ participation in physical activity and active travel.
Less than 10% of female high school students in Canberra are meeting Australia’s physical activity guidelines. Through Girls: IYM students have the opportunity to lead change and develop an innovative project to empower, inspire and motivate young women to get active.
We will support six high schools with:
- Up to $3,000 in seed funding to implement a project in their school
- A free whole day health and wellness event for all participating students with workshops on self-identity, personal development, physical activity and more
- TQI-Accredited professional learning and face-to-face workshops for teachers
- A social media/marketing mentor to support students in creating a campaign to engage their school community, including the positive use of social media
- A business mentor to offer industry advice, facilitate community partnerships and work with students to implement their project
- Entrepreneurs: IYM design-thinking toolkits including award-winning curriculum resources for students and teachers
- Ongoing support from the IYM team and other great benefits and offers from our program supporters
Implementation will kick off in 2019! Keep a look out on social media for #girlsitsyourmove