At ACT Health we are committed to working in partnership with you, our consumers, to ensure you receive the best possible care. Consumer involvement is an important aspect in helping improve our health system for everyone.
It’s important to ask questions about your care and treatment options. You should also ensure you receive all the information you need to make informed decisions.
The following tips can help you become more actively involved in your healthcare.
- speak up if you have any questions or concerns
- learn more about your condition or treatments by asking your doctor, nurse or other healthcare professional, or seek other information sources
- keep a list of all the medicines you are taking and make sure you understand what you are taking
- make sure you get the results of any tests or procedures
- talk to your doctor or other healthcare professionals about your options
- make sure you know what is involved if you need surgery or a procedure
- make sure you agree with your doctor and surgeon on exactly what occurs during the operation or procedure
- ask your doctor or other health professional to explain the treatment plan for home before you leave hospital
You can help us improve our services by giving feedback about the services you receive. This lets us know what we are doing well and where we can improve.
Please see Consumer Feedback <link to be determined> for more information.