In the event of an emergency, please contact us 24 hours a day on 02 9962 8612.
The Radiation Safety section of the Health Protection Service (HPS) helps enforce the principles of radiation protection. This includes the process of Justification, Optimisation and Limitation.
We are responsible for the following outcomes:
- ensuring radiation exposures to the community are As Low As Reasonable Achievable (ALARA)
- issuing Radiation Licenses and the registration of Radiation Sources in line with the Radiation Council (see below).
- regulating the use, supply and service of ionising and non-ionising radiation in medical, research and industrial applications
- regulating the safe use, transport, storage and disposal of radioactive substances
- providing scientific and technical advice about radiation safety to the ACT community and the Minister for Health
We also manage the Radiation Protection Act 2006 and the Radiation Protection Regulation 2007.
Please contact us for more information on 02 6205 1700 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our fax number is 02 6205 1705.
Find us at the Howard Florey Centenary House, 25 Mulley Street, Holder, ACT 2611