The Chief Allied Health Office (CAHO) is the professional and strategic representative for Allied Health at ACT Health. The current Acting Chief Allied Health Officer is Ms Helen Matthews.
The Chief Allied Health Office works with allied health professionals across all Divisions of ACT Health, as well as with our nursing, midwifery and medical colleagues. At a national level, the Chief Allied Health Office links with Chief Allied Health Offices from other jurisdictions across Australia, including through representation on the National Allied Health Advisers and Chief Officers group. The Office also works closely with consumers, peak bodies, professional agencies, education providers and regulators.
The Office provides informed, evidence based advice on a range of local, national and international issues relevant to the allied health workforce.
- Clinical education
- Inter-professional learning and collaboration
- Policy development
- Professional development
- Recruitment and retention initiatives
- Workforce planning
- Workforce reform and innovation
The CAHO Team
The team includes:
- ACT Health Chief Allied Health Officer
- Personal Assistant to the Chief Allied Health Officer
- Allied Health Project Officers
- Interprofessional Learning Coordinator
- Allied Health Assistant Clinical Development Coordinator
- Allied Health Clinical Education Coordinator
- Clinical Measurement Sciences Clinical Educator
- Occupational Therapy Clinical Educator
- Psychology Clinical Educator
- Social Work Clinical Educator
- Speech Pathology Clinical Educator
For information about working in allied health at ACT Health, visit Working in Allied Health.
To contact the ACT Health Chief Allied Health Office, email: ChiefAlliedHealthOffice@act.gov.au
or call us (02) 6205 0893. Our postal address is PO Box 11, Woden 2606.
In partnership with ACT Health and key stakeholders, including the Canberra Institute of Technology, we deliver workforce projects to support the development of the allied health workforce in the ACT, including Allied Health Assistants.