The CPO’s responsibilities include:
- ensuring quality supervision across all placements
- managing placement requests
- monitoring student compliance with placement pre-requisites
- investigating reported breaches of the placement deeds
- consulting with key stakeholders
Placements are available within several ACT Health facilities and are run in accordance with the Deeds and Schedules of education providers.
Education providers should contact CPO to discuss or arrange their placement. The Student Placement Deed between ACT Health and Education Providers stipulates that students are not to approach ACT Health directly to organise their own placements.
The CPO does not coordinate the following:
- New graduate positions
- Voluntary work placements
- Other work experience programs for university students or apprentices
- Work shadowing