The CPO’s responsibilities include:
- ensuring quality clinical supervision across all placements
- managing placement requests
- monitoring student compliance with placement pre-requisites
- investigating reported breaches of the clinical placement deeds
- consulting with key stakeholders
Placements are available within several ACT Health facilities and are run in accordance with the Deeds and Schedules of education providers.
Education providers should contact CPO to discuss or arrange their clinical placement. The Student Placement Deed between ACT Health and Education Providers stipulates that students are not to approach ACT Health directly to organise their own placements.
The CPO does not coordinate voluntary work placements or offer work experience programs for university students, apprentices or for work shadowing.
Students in Year 10, 11 and 12 looking for work experience, should contact the Staff Development Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Secondary Student Work Experience Placement Coordinator on 02 5124 3418 or 02 5124 2258.