Education and Training
- update and run the mini-case series for the current year 3 medical students.
- survey to interns to see if the teaching sessions helped them with their teaching skills for students on the ward
- present at the medical education conference in NZ later the year.
- virtual on call cases (running for about 2 months)
- extend GP style teaching to the direction of the year and into 4th year.
Members: Nathan Sturges, Saymaa Selman & Ashly Vu
- Update ROVERS documents
- Advocate for increased transparency on payslips
- Create better communication guides for consultation calls for JMOs
Members: James Li, Billy Xian, Darvina Mahesh
- Continue the 'Warm and Fuzzy Box'
- Create and disseminate a welfare guide
- Looking into mental health first aid as an optional training session for JMOs
- More wellbeing centred fun- morning yoga, puppies, meditation, picnics etc.
- To encourage social connection between JMOs by organising events outside of work, via the promotion of existing Canberra events (e.g. dance nights, paint & sip)
Members: Kaneeka Gajendra, Molly Bannatyne, Busra Aplay
- To promote the JMOF as a forum for junior doctors to be advocated for (ie.: posters, facebook group, intern teaching presentations)
- Meet with the hospital’s cultural review team, and will keep the cohort updated on details of this meeting.
- Get hold of cultural review data
- Create an accessible way for JMOs to submit any cultural issues they’d like us to discuss/look into.
- Have clear information for JMOs about who to contact if they are experiencing any bullying, sexual harassment etc.
Members: Katie McMahon, Michelle Lin
- Create interest groups for each stream of medical specialties
- Continue specialty guide compilation
- Create a resources of training courses available to JMOs
- Launch an interview workshop for JMOs prior to interview season
- Creative Careers night
Members: Julia De Mil (all others), Arjun Guduguntla (surgery), Nicola Kahlberg (medicine)
- Supervisor and current research projects data base
- Make CHARM week more accessible to JMOs for presentations of abstracts
- Provide support around conducting Audits for JMOs, as a means of getting their foot in the door with research.
- Relaunch Academic Foundation Program
Members: Lauren Turner, Thomas Harvey, Ye Li