ACT Health provides career advancement opportunities for Enrolled Nurses (ENs), Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Midwives (RMs) through a personal classification process.
ENs, RNs and RMs who meet the designated role responsibilities and selection criteria of a Level 2 practitioner, who are permanently employed, and who seek career advancement, are eligible to apply.
The career advancement process requires:
- a written application
- submission of 2 references:
- one reference from a CNC or CMC that includes a formal recommendation from your DON &/or DOM&N
- one reference from a colleague
- attendance at a panel interview
Career Advancement Information Sessions
ENs, RNs and RMs applying for Personal Classification Level 2 should attend an information session prior to submission of an application.
Information sessions are held prior to all application rounds at Canberra Hospital & Health Services (CHHS) and at Calvary Public Hospital Bruce. Registration is required to attend these sessions:
Career Advancement - Information Session 2019
How to apply
Please submit all career advancement applications to the Nursing and Midwifery Office on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will need to:
- Access the following documents including:
- Application Package
- Templates for Referee Report and Recommendations from the CNC and DON or the CMC and DONM
- Templates for a separate Referee Report
- Attach supporting evidence with submissions (see the application package)
- Access the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia Standards for Practice and Code of Conduct
- Access the relevant Professional Code of Ethics.