Quality in Healthcare ACT Awards 2019
Applications for the Quality in Healthcare ACT Awards are now open.
Established in 2002, the Quality in Healthcare ACT Awards highlight the dedication of individuals and teams who make significant positive contributions to the health sector. They also recognise innovations that improve the delivery of safe, quality care within the Australian Capital Territory.
The awards are open to all health sector employees in the ACT, including:
- clinical staff
- administrative personnel
- community-based organisations
- private facilities
- public facilities
- students studying a health-related discipline in the ACT.
This year, there are five award categories:
- Person-centred – how well an individual or team co-design care and treatment with patients, consumers and carers. This includes initiatives to improve the patient or staff experience.
- Safety – reductions in harm and improvements in processes to deliver enhanced patient safety.
- Effectiveness – evidence-based practices that deliver benefits and improvements to patients.
- Efficiency – new developments and methods to avoid waste, including waste of equipment, supplies, time and energy.
- Student – improvements led by health sector students.
Applications for the awards must reflect work completed in the last 12 months.
The Quality in Healthcare ACT Awards are an opportunity to demonstrate the exceptional work of you, your colleagues or your team in the past 12 months.
All finalists are invited to attend the presentation ceremony, to be held in December 2019. Finalist entries will also be published in a commemorative awards booklet.
All category winners will receive a certificate and trophy.
To apply, complete the application form and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 15 September 2019.
Need more information?
If you need more information, please email email@example.com or phone 5124 9337.