Canberra Sexual Health Centre is a specialist clinic providing professional and non-judgmental care.
We provide free testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STI) and are the region’s largest HIV outpatient service.
You do not need a Medicare card or a referral to attend the Sexual Health Centre, but if you have one, please bring it with you. If you are concerned about having tests done in your full name, please discuss this with us when you register.
We can be contacted from Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm
Phone: 02 5124 2184 or Fax: 02 5124 8200
Appointments and clinic times
We provide walk-in clinics every weekday. You don’t need to make an appointment. You can come to walk-in at the following times:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – 9 am to 2 pm
- Wednesday afternoon – 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm
Christmas opening hours
- Monday 23rd December 9am – 2pm
- Tuesday 24th December – No walk in clinic, by appointment only. Clinic will close at 1pm
- Wednesday 25th December – Wednesday 1st January clinic closed
- For HIV PEP when we are closed, please present to Emergency.
- The clinic will re-open 9am Thursday 2nd January
Allow at least two hours for your visit. Your total time in the clinic will vary depending on your health issues and how busy the clinic is. On busy days, your visit may take longer than two hours.
If you prefer a booked appointment outside of these time please call us on 02 5124 2184.
For specialist HIV care we encourage you to call for an appointment rather than attend walk-in clinic.
Our specialist after-hours clinics
For after-hours advice, please speak to a registered nurse at HealthDirect on 1800 022 222.
Information for GPs
Specialist care is bulk-billed. Please address referrals to Dr Sarah Martin or Dr Alexandra Tyson and fax to 02 5124 8200. For urgent phone advice please call us on 02 5124 3284.