The ACT Health Directorate Centre for Health and Medical Research is now accepting student applications for the 2020-2021 ACT Health Vacation Study Program.
The ACT Health Vacation Study Program offers students the opportunity at the end of 2nd, 3rd and 4th year, to participate and gain experience in research in ACT Government based health research. The Centre is calling for applications from students who are studying one of the following disciplines:
- Medical Science
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Allied Health
- Health Economics
The program provides students with an opportunity to learn valuable research skills which is an important part of university study. This program promotes development of research skills in students which is becoming increasingly important in health.
Successful students will be paid a total of $2,500* for the six-week placement. This payment will be made as a lump sum upon completion of the program, after the student has met all reporting requirements (outlined below). All students and supervisors will be required to attend an online workshop on Friday 20 November, prior to placements commencing.
At the conclusion of the placement, the students will be required to submit a project report and give an online presentation on the project at a Vacation Study Program event on Friday 19 February 2021.
Applications are being accepted for the following projects:
2020-2021 Student applications
To apply for a project, please submit a student application form and your current CV to email@example.com.
Closing date for submissions: COB Monday 2 November – late applications will not be accepted.
- If you wish to apply for more than one project, please complete a separate student application form for each project.
- Successful students will be required to submit a satisfactory police check prior to commencing their placement. Police checks must be dated no more than three months prior to submission.
- Successful students will also be required to complete ACT Health online essential education prior to commencing their placement.
- Successful students are required to attend a compulsory workshop on Friday 20 November.
- At the conclusion of the placement, students are required to submit a project report and give a presentation on the project at a compulsory Vacation Study Program event on Friday 19 February 2021.
For more information
Direct enquiries to:
Centre for Health and Medical Research
Level 6, Building 10 Canberra Hospital
Tel: (02) 5124 5257
*Please note: In accordance with the provisions of Section 100(1) of the Electoral Act 1992, the ACT will hold a general election for the Legislative Assembly on Saturday, 17 October 2020. The caretaker period begins at 12:00am on 11 September 2020 and ends with the election of the Chief Minister on the first sitting day of the Legislative Assembly following the election. The continuation of the 2020-21 Vacation Study Program Scholarships following this general election is a decision for an incoming government. As a result, potential 2020-21 applicants are advised that it is possible this program may not proceed.