My child was vaccinated overseas, what do I do?

My child was vaccinated overseas

Children who have been vaccinated overseas may require additional vaccines to meet the National Immunisation Program (NIP).

Your GP may be able to transcribe your child’s overseas immunisation history and provide a catch-up vaccine schedule if required. They can also advise you on vaccines your child requires to meet the Australian National Immunisation Program schedule.

ACT Health provides assistance for vaccine transcriptions of overseas children under the age of 10 who live in the ACT. To request a transcription of your child’s vaccination records please complete the Request for Transcription of Immunisation Records online form or send the following information to the Health Protection Service if you would like us to do this for you.

  • full name (first, last)
  • date of birth (dd/mm/yy)
  • copy of immunisation history in English or translated - we are unable to translate this for you
  • gender
  • Medicare care number (if you have one)
  • parent’s name
  • contact phone number
  • address

Please send this information via email to

If you are unable to send via email, please fax your information to 02 5124 9307 or send a letter to:

Public Health Nurse
Immunisation Unit
Locked Bag 5005
Weston Creek ACT 2611

Department of Home Affairs provides a Free Translating Service, to permanent residents and select temporary or provisional visa holders within the first two years of their eligible visa grant date. Eligible migrants can have up to ten eligible documents translated into English. Applications are made on the Free Translating Service website.

Page last updated on: 26 May 2023