About Chief Psychiatrist
- Dr Dinesh Arya - ACT Chief Psychiatrist and Care Coordinator
- Sarah Cramond - Director Office of the Chief Psychiatrist
Phone: (02) 5124 6137
For information on Mental Health (Secure Facilities) Act 2016, please visit the ACT Legislation Register.
The functions of the Chief Psychiatrist and Care Coordinator include:
- Administering and monitoring the use of the Mental Health Act 2015
- Monitoring and improving the delivery and standard of mental health care
- Monitoring the treatment and care of patients
- Appointing and setting out the functions of delegates and mental health officers
- Making guidelines for people exercising a function under the Mental Health Act 2015
- Conducting inspections and investigations
- Providing an annual report
- Making recommendations to the Minister for Mental Health about mental health service delivery
- Promoting continuous improvement in the organisation and delivery of mental health services.
If you identify any errors and omissions, we would be grateful if you let us know.
Chief Psychiatrist and Care Coordinator Report to the Minister for Mental Health - March 2023