- 4 medium potatoes
- Left over bolognaise sauce (see our bolognaise recipe)
- Mexican seasoning, 1 sachet
- 1 x 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 300g can corn, drained
- Tomatoes, fresh, chopped
- Avocado, fresh or in tube (optional)
- 1 cup low fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 200g low fat natural yoghurt
To bake potatoes (approx 60 min.) Serves 4
- 4 potatoes, skin on.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Prick potatoes all over with a fork.
- Place in microwave on a plate for 5-7 minutes on a medium heat.
- Carefully remove from microwave.
- Wrap in foil.
- Place in oven for one hour or until soft all the way through.
To make potatoes (approx 30 min.)
- Add Mexican seasoning and kidney beans to left over bolognaise sauce. Mix well.
- Heat bolognaise sauce in microwave or on stovetop until warmed through.
- Remove potatoes from the foil, cut into quarters and slightly pull open.
- Spoon spicy bolognaise sauce over potatoes.
- Top with a combination of corn, tomatoes, avocado, grated cheese and low fat yoghurt.
- Try making your own Mexican seasoning by combining 1 teaspoon of ground ground cumin, dried oregano, and sweet paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder.
- Instead of using left over bolognaise sauce, top potatoes with Spicy Mexican beans.
Family Eating Tip
It is the parent’s role to decide WHAT food is provided and WHEN. Your child is responsible for deciding HOW MUCH and WHETHER they eat.