- 1 punnet (500g) ready-to-eat fresh whole beetroot
- 200g green beans, ends removed, sliced in half.
- 2 tbsp walnuts, crushed
- 1 tbsp (20 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (20 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 50g Greek feta cheese (goat feta if possible)
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Add green beans and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Cut beetroot into wedges (roughly 8 wedges per beetroot, smaller ones can be cut into 4 or 6 wedges). Place into serving bowl.
- Add cooled beans and walnuts to the beetroot and toss gently.
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and salt (optional). Toss again.
- Crumble feta over the top and serve.
Recipe republished with permission from The Healthy Eating Hub