- 2 bunch broccoli (chopped)
- 6 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 cup penne (uncooked)
- 300 gram cooked deli roast chicken (shredded)
- 40 gram shaved parmesan
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused olive oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts
- 250 gram cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 150 gram pesto
- Mixed salad (to serve)
- Place broccoli and 2 cups of water in the Decor Microsafe® Rice Cooker & Vegetable Steamer, and cook in the microwave uncovered without lid for about 8 minutes, or until tender. Once cooked leave to stand for 2 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Place the penne into the Decor Microsafe® Pasta Cooker and cook with water according to the Pasta Cooker instructions for about 15 minutes, or until al dente, then drain.
- Combine the cooked pasta and all other remaining ingredients with the cooked broccoli in the Rice Cooker and mix well to combine.
- Divide among 4 bowls, and serve with mixed salad on the side.
- To store leftovers in the fridge or freezer use a Décor Microsafe® container. To enjoy later simply pop open the lid steam release vent and microwave reheat.
- This recipe makes a great pasta salad for lunch the next day!
- Try wholemeal pasta for extra goodness
Recipe republished with permission from Nutrition Australia ACT Inc.