- Vegetable oil spray
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 6 Weet-bix or Vita Brits, crushed
- ½ cup sultanas
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped
- ¼ cup prunes/dates/other dried fruit
- ½ cup honey
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
Approx 5-60 min. Serves 8 people
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a lamington tin with baking paper or spray with oil to prevent sticking.
- Combine rolled oats, wheat biscuits and dried fruit in a large bowl.
- Put honey and orange juice in a small bowl. Cook in microwave for 1-2 minutes until combined. Be careful not to burn.
- Add the honey mixture to the dry ingredients and stir well.
- When cooled slightly, add the apple and beaten egg and mix until combined.
- Press mixture evenly into the tray and cook for approximately 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let it cool before slicing.
You can use any combination of dried fruit and nuts in this recipe.
Family Eating Tip
- This slice can be made on the weekend and used as a quick and easy snack during the week.
- Nuts are suitable for children from 3 years of age. Avoid nuts if sending to school.