- 400g lean beef mince
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups of breadcrumbs, fresh or dried
- 2 onions, finely diced or grated
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 wholegrain or wholemeal bread rolls
- Beetroot, canned
Approx 25-30 min. Serves 4
- Place mince, eggs, breadcrumbs, onion, carrot and herbs into a large bowl and mix well using hands.
- Split the beef mixture into portions. Roll into balls and squash flat to make rissoles.
- Heat oil in a large pan and add rissoles. Cook for approximately 5 minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through.
- Cut bread rolls in half, top with rissole and salad vegetables and serve.
- Instead of lean beef mince, try chicken, turkey or kangaroo mince.
- For an alternative to hamburgers, serve rissoles with baked potato wedges and vegetables.
Family Eating Tip
Offer children a smaller meal size than adults, e.g. for younger children, make smaller sized rissoles.