- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1 kilogram kent pumpkin (skin removed, cut into 3 cm cubes)
- 1 litre vegetable stock (salt reduced)
- 400 gram can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1⁄2 bunch coriander leaves (chopped, to serve)
- 1 cup greek yoghurt (reduced fat, to serve)
- Sourdough bread (to serve)
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large heavy based pan. Add onion, garlic, coriander, cumin and chilli powder, and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add carrot, pumpkin and vegetable stock. Stir well to combine and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chickpeas and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Once cooled, blend the mixture to a smooth consistency.
- Return the soup to heat and bring to a boil.
- Divide among 4 bowls. Top with coriander and Greek yoghurt. Serve hot with crusty bread.
Recipe republished with permission from Nutrition Australia ACT Inc.